|“||Don't be stupid... Wouldn't it be too much of a shame to leave Charles's body in that castle? Instead, I'll turn it all into a funeral pyre, and the traitors with it~ Killing a child before my eyes...!||”|
—Alexandrov Grigorovich being angered, Reunion (Chapter 39)
Alexandrov Grigorovich (アレクサンドロ=グレゴリーヴｨッチ Arekusandoro Guregorīvuitchi), nicknamed Alan (アラン Aran), is a character introduced in Plunderer. He is Jail Murdoch's foster-father and the Commander of the Althea Royal Guard. He is also one of the 7 Legendary Red Barons, known as "The Blast Baron".
In the anime, sometimes his name is shortened to Alex (アレク Areku, Funimation: Alec).
Alexandrov is a middle-age man with a scar that goes across his face. He is wearing a military uniform. His black hair is slicked back in which some portion has turned white. He also wears a black glasses with red lens and flames on each of its frame, which corresponds to his epithet as "The Blast Baron". During his youth, he appears to be an attractive young man and has yet to wear a glasses.
300 years ago, before Alexandrov joined the 13th Special Military Forces School, he was once a soldier of Russian Army. Alexandrov has two children whose age was below 8 and he loves them. One day, Alexandrov was ordered to go back to the headquarters of the Russian army, he had no choice but to leave his home from his children. Alexandrov's son told him that they will be fine so he shouldn't worry. To return his children's kindness, he decided to buy some candy and toys for them.
However, when Alexandrov returned home, he saw that his children were killed and the food was taken away. Alexandrov was shocked and tries covering his children's corpses, as he started crying and he believed he heard their voices of wanted him back home. Being angered at his children's death, Alexandrov finds the murderer in the village and discovered that the murderer has a baby that's scrawny and small. After seeing that baby and murderer's tears, Alexandrov didn't kill him and realized it's the world's fault that they don't have enough foods to live.
Sometime after the death of his children, he left the Russian Army and moved to Japan.
Before the enrollment ceremony was started, Alexandrov noticed that Sakai Tokikaze and Jail Murdoch were fighting outside the school, so he told them to stop. During the ceremony, when Ichinose Saki and the others was laughing, Alexandrov took out his gun and "killed" them, causing the trainer to be to scared and run away. When he tries to kill Hina, she's saved by Tokikaze and he told Alexandrov that he shouldn't kill any person without any reason. Alexandrov then tell Tokikaze that's how soldiers used to be and kicks him. Then, Alexandrov wanted to kill Tokikaze as well. Before he can do so, it was stopped by Sakai Rihito, who tries to snap Schmelman Bach's neck. Soon after Firenda shown up to stop Schmelman, she and Alexandrov reveals that it's just acting and the bullets was actually paint. Alexandrov also reveals that the reason why they do this is so the newbies won't be scared at battlefield. After hearing Schmelman say he hasn't finished reading his storybook yet, Alexandrov tell him that they don't have much time to do it so the ceremony can ends here. After everyone went to eating lunch, Schmelman tells Alexandrov that there's "rare" warrior here, Alexandrov thought he was talking about Tokikaze, but he was actually referring Rihito. He then asks Schmelman what should he do now and he said that he wants to gives the newbies a fun school life.
During the launch time, Alexandrov said that Tokikaze and Jail has become friends real fast, which they disagreed with him. Pele Poporo asked Alexandrov that if the school has a computer room or not, he answers him with yes and they must not costs too much electrical. He then followed Jail and his friends to know their true identities. Hearing their conversation, Alexandrov found it strange that they know nothing about the computer and the modern stuffs and wonder where were they from. Before he could think more, Schmelman meets Alexandrov for a "small" request, that they will have exchange their classes for teaching. Alexandroff agreed with his request and he was changed to teach the other class. When Alexandrov arrived in Class A, he told Lyne Mei to shorten her skirt so that she won't act too arrogant. Alexandrov introduced himself and reveals he was originally the one who will teach the class, but due to a request the job was changed to Schmelman instead. He then told Schmelman that he will watch over him and making sure he doesn't cause messes.
Abilities and PowerEdit
As a Legendary Red Baron, Alexandrov possesses powerful abilities. Alexandrov's count is 280000. Later, Alexandrov's count increased to 324999, after he defeated Jail in Startheft Bout. Alexandrov's current count is unknown after he gave his Ballot to Jail.
- Blast (爆撃 Bakugeki): This is Alexandrov's ability as a Baron, his body has been enhanced to be able to use special abilities.
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to control fire.
- Heat Manipulation: The ability to manipulate heat.
- Explosive Fire Manipulation: The ability to control fire that explodes or turns anything that the fire burns into a ticking time bomb.
- Fire Blast: The ability to release fire on a specific target area.
- Bloodlust: As the Red Baron, Alexandrov possesses the ability to increase his count by activating Schmelman's bloodlust genes. However, the more higher the count, the higher chance he would lose his sanity.
- Combat Mastery: As a soldier prior to the Abandonment War, Alexandrov is shown to be vastly experienced at combat. This is shown when he fight against Tokikaze at ceremony and against Jail on the computer lab in 300 years ago.
- Teaching Skills: Alexanderov was noted to have been exceptionally skilled in training, teaching and instructing people in the art of combat. Having been personally responsible for the initial training of the original Class A in the 13th Special Military Forces School and contributing for their growth as soldiers and upon Althea's founding, Alexanderov became one of the primary instructors in teaching and training its soldiers with some of the armies most powerful members being his students, such as Jail Murdoch, Robert Du Vanvich and Avsette Vremya.
- Alexandrov may be a Russian since he and his children live in somewhere in Russia.
- Alexandrov's younger facial appearance sightly resembles Zack Fair from Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-.
- In Yen Press's translation, Alexandrov's rank is Colonel General.