|“||Hey, you lot. What is... the Special Service? A force of justice fighting for the world's sake...? Or a gathering of fools, so inspired by that idiot over there that you daydream of being some Non-Killing Army...? Well, you're wrong. We're... evil.||”|
—Gespenst Zerlegen explains about Special Service, Other Way (Chapter 46)
Gespenst Zerlegen (ゲシュペンスト＝ゼレーゲン Geshupensuto Zerēgen), or known better as Pele Poporo (ペレ＝ポポロ Pere Poporo, Yen Press: Pele Popolo), is the third male protagonist of Plunderer. Gespenst is friends with Lyne Mei and also her henchmen. It's later revealed that Gespenst is the colonel general of White Special Service and one of the 7 Legendary Red Barons, known as the "Pierce Baron" (心撃の撃墜王 Shingeki no Gekitsui-ō).
Gespenst has light brown hair and green eyes. He wears a white headband and his military uniform.
Gespenst was first introduced as a mild and cunning subordinate who enjoys teasing his superior officer when she went overboard and showed her panties. However, from the pre-Abandonment War onward, Gespenst begins to show a more cold personality towards his comrade and is willing to kill a Special Service member just because the man displeases him. It is later revealed that he is the Colonel-General of the Special Service. Like most members of the Special Service, Gespenst could easily conceal his cold and ruthless personality but would often display them against enemies and allies alike.
Gespenst was sold to various old men by his parents as a child in exchange for food. Due to this, Gespenst has never once trusted a person before in his life. Gespenst later joined the 13th Special Military Forces School to become a soldier. Sometime after the Abandonment War started, Gespenst was chosen to become a Red Baron.
After his Baron Surgery, Gespenst immediately founded the Special Service, a specialized task force dedicated to handling shadow operation and other clandestine missions during the Abandonment War, working directly under Schmelman Bach. Due to this Gespenst never interacted with the other six Red Barons and maintained the secrecy of his identity due to his activities being polar opposite to their own and upon Althea and the Abyss's creation, Gespenst continued to work with the Special Services and was notably known to have assisted them in helping in their efforts to overpower the Althea Royal Guard and the Royal Family over sole control over the "Utopia" for the next three centuries.
300 years later, Gespenst was ordered to assassinate Jail Murdoch and the Gefängnis members, who were referred to as "the most dangerous soldiers of Althea Royal Guard." Due to this, Gespenst was assigned to the Gefängnis troops. However, Jail's sense of enemy was too good, which means Gespenst couldn't find his chance to assassinate him and the Gefängnis so his mission failed. Thus, Gespenst ended up joining the same group as Lyne Mei and took the name "Pele Poporo", while hiding his true identity. Gespenst described his time working on the Althea Royal Guard like living in hell ever since.
Appearance in Other MediaEdit
Schmelman's Alternative TalesEdit
Gespenst appeared in the Drama CD Schmelman's Alternative Tales.
In Cinderella part, Gespenst portrayed as youngest sister-in-Law of Cinderella.
Abilities and PowerEdit
Gespenst's count is 120, although it's unclear if it was his true count or not. His count stands for how many people he has doubted.
- Pierce (心撃 Shingeki): This is Gespenst's ability as a Baron, his body has been enhanced to be able to use special abilities.
- Mind Reading: Gespenst can read other people's mind. Gespenst in particular largely employed this ability during battle, where he would constantly read his opponent's thoughts and figure out their weaknesses in order to overpower them, as seen during his fight against Licht, in which despite Licht's immense speed, Gespenst was able to easily keep up with him and avoid each and every attacks and managed to easily defeat him by constantly attacking in his blindspot after reading his thoughts and learning his weaknesses.
- Bloodlust: As the Red Baron, Gespenst possesses the ability to increase his count by activating Schmelman's bloodlust genes. However, the higher the count, the higher chance he would lose his sanity.
- Master Spy: During the Abandonment War, Gespenst founded and lead the Special Services in their various clandestine operations across the world during the war, particularly the missions involving assassination of enemy leaders and acquiring enemy intelligence, implying that he is immensely skilled in the art of espionage.
- Master Assassin: As the founder of the Special Service, Gespenst can perform the art of assassination better than the average spy.
- Master Tactician: Gespenst is shown to be an immensely skilled and cunning tactician and is shown to be incredibly skilled in the art of warfare. As seen when he was able to immediately discern the situation regarding the reformed "Non-Killing Army's" plight in their war against Schmelman Bach and come up with an accurate psychological analysis on how the general populace would react to them and create an accurate plan on how to counteract it and later gave accurate orders and actions necessary to strengthen their forces and give tasks to the best personal for the job to increase their odds of winning. And during his betrayal against Schmelman, Gespenst was shown to have taken several accurate tactical moves and actions prior to his revealing betrayal and accurately analyzed the potential moves he would need give his plan the best chances of succeeding.
- Skilled Actor: During his time working with Lyne and Jail, Gespent as "Pele" managed to flawlessly trick, act and infiltrate the regular Althea Royal Guard with no one suspecting or noticing his true nature or his immense power, showing his immense skill in acting.
- Gespenst means "ghost" in German, while Zerlegen means "dismantle" in German.
- His first name directly refers to his role as the unidentified 7th Baron who remained unknown to the other six during the Abandonment War and the next 300 years of Althea's history.
- While his second name being a reference to his "Pierce" ability, with him seemingly being able to "dismantle" his opponents by reading their minds and finding their weak points/weaknesses.
- Based on his name, Gespenst may be a German.
- Gespenst is the founder of Special Service.